Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reception overflow calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthursim

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2000
CA
We've got a MICS 4.0 and 4-port flash VM. Here's the problem I'm having.

We've got a person who sits at reception most of the time. During lunch, I'd like the phones to ring at two other desks that calls don't necessarily go to VM all the time. I set up a ringing service for lunch. The phones do ring properly during lunch, however if the calls are not answered, they go right into General Delivery instead of the AA...

I'm totaly perplexed. I've tried searching high and low in the forums, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm contemplating Hunt Groups instead, but I think I'm still going to have the problem of the AA not answering and calls going to Gen Del mailbox...

We have a simular setup at one of our clients office. We set up a hunt group for the phones to ring (broadcast mode) after a few rings the it overflows into the V.M. port triggering the A.A. and it doesn't hit the Gen. Del mailbox. So, I would try the hunt group thingy first. Hope that helps you a bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back