Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving VBScript Error - cannot fix and stumped! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trpnbillie

Programmer
Oct 8, 2002
US
Hi. I inherited a website and am having problems!

I receive the following error:

----------------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

ActiveX component can't create object: 'CryptCOM.Crypto'

/statements.asp, line 124
----------------

The error occurs on line124, which is

set crypt = CreateObject("CryptCOM.Crypto")

The website was written in old ASP. It runs successfully on one machine - an old WIndows NT machine. When I move it to any other machine (Win2000), it gets hung up on this CreateObject("CryptCOM.Crypto") line.

I have tried to identify what in the WinNT machine makes it work but am unsuccessful.

Might anyone know what is required to make this work?

I appreciate any help!!! thanks!

you need to register the DLL with regsvr32.exe

easiest way to do it is right click the dll file, open with, select "other" from the pop up window, browse to your winnt/system32 folder, and select regsvr32.exe and click open

should return a modal window denoting a successful or unsuccessful registration of the DLL if the dll fails to register, it might be due to differences in the references/resources attached to the orinal dll that was compiled for NT

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

I have crypt32.dll

is that the one?

I also have:

cryptdlg.dll
cryptdll.dll
cryptext.dll
cryptnet.dll
and
cryptsvs.dll

Do you think i have to register all of these? (Is there a way to tell if they are registered or will it not hurt if I register a .dll that is already registered?)

Thanks so much for all your help!

Attempted to register CRYPT32.DLL and receive popup message:
---
C:\WINNT\system32\CRYPT32.DLL was loaded, but the dllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

DllRegisterServer may not be exported or a corrupt version of CRYPT32.DLL may be in memory.
---

is this possibly the "differences in the references/resources attached to the orinal dll that was compiled for NT" that you mention?

thx!

it's a possiblity... i think this is the company that distributed the component you're dealing with, perhaps you might be able to contact them for tech support and find out if the version you have will even work on win2k/XP

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back