Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving Multiple Mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

karu76

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
SG
Hi,

I am using MS Exchange as the server an outlook 2000 as my email client. I always receive mutiple mails from any external sender. Is there some settings that i might need to set to overcome this problem.

Initially i thought it was the sender who might have send the mails mulitple times, but now it seems to be the mail server.

I hope you can advice me on this issue.

Is the message sent to more than one person at your location?

Could you have accidentally setup a rule in Outlook that copies any new mails received to your inbox? This would result in 2 mails being received instead of 1.

You can check which rules are configured on your client by going into Tools\Rules Wizard

If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

The reason I asked about the multiple addressees is because this happened to me when we set up a new mailbox with our ISP that collected all our domain mail. It took major convincing before the ISP finally understood that their server was multiplying the emails in their box for the number of addressees in each email. Our Exchange server was multiplying again. They finally fixed their glitch.

Thank you for your replies.

I checked the rules, but nothing has been set. And as for the messages, it is sent to a single addressee. But i persistently receive multiple mails..at least 2, sometimes 3...somethings there is a lapse after i receive the first mail, then its starts generating a few more..

I hope you guys will help as this is a really bothersome...

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back