Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving message - 'The Person You Have Called is Not Available'

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmcvey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
Some of our extensions are demostrating some odd behavior. I am by no means an expert with the BCM200, but I do have a basic understanding.

When a DN is on the phone with an outide party and they recieve another call, that new call is receiving a message that states 'The Person You Have Called is Unavailable' and then a different voice proceeds to talk about leaving a message or searching the directory.

In the Call Forwarding section there is no # entered in for the 'Foward on Busy' value. If I enter the voicemail # it takes the new call into voicemail, like it should. However, the user @ this DN likes the call to ring in so they have the option of picking it up before it rolls into voicemail. Any ideas on how to correct this issue? I am clueless.

My forward no answer is set to 1638 which is our voicemail #. It is set for 4 rings. This is what is baffling me. Thanks.

Set DND on Busy to Yes if you do not want your calls
interrupted with a ring tone when a second call comes in. Instead,the button flashes, indicating an incoming call.
I suspect DND may be set to No.

How many intercom keys do you have? If you only have 1 and it is busy and a second call comes in it will not go to voicemail and you would get the message you are hearing. You need a path for the caller to get to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back