Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving mails from non-existent mail adresses in my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvit77

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
ES
Some days ago, I have start to receive mails coming from non-existing mail adresses from my own domain (e.g.: admin@mydomain.com), and they seem to came with a file attached with virus.

What can I do (in Exchange 2000) to automatically delete these mails before arriving to my mailbox?

Thanks.

The only thing you can do is install some Antivirus for Exchange Server 2000. A 'normal' Antivirus does NOT suffice!
All major brands have one, everyone has a favourite. There all just as good as long as you keep them up to date!

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I have just bought (two weeks ago) Panda antivirus for exchange, but this mails enter to my server (from where??).

It cleans the file with virus, but allow the recepction of the mail. I would like to delete it directly (do not appear in the mailbox).

Also I have installed a demo of GFI Mail essentials antispam software, and I have a rule that if a mail comes from admin@mydomain.com, trate as spam. But it doesn't work at all... it seems that in fact it does not came from admin@mydomain.com, maybe from another source? Because the message appears as a System administrator message, I'm not able to view the internet headers to try to see from where this mail is coming.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Don't rely on the address you SEE, that is most certainly forged (fake). You will need the header if you really want to know where it came from.
Now, surely you must be able to tell Panda to DELETE virus infected email, not just repair them?

I'll check this option.

Do you allways stay connected to this forum? Like Panda 24h 365 days x year?

Thanks for your fast replies.

Nono, just the evenings when I want to 'relax' ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back