Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

receiving error msg 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEChriss

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
US
I receive the following error message when click on the send and receive button from within the "inbox". "operation failed" That is all I receive and there is nothing in the event viewer.

This is a first time installation of exchange 2003, there were no previous mail server on the network at all.

It is running on a windows 2000 advanced server and the client being used is Outlook 2000.

this is the beginning of my testing to go live. The test mesages I sent did make it to the recipient. I sent test meassage to myself.

I really need some help on this as there is little or nothing to go on from the error mesaage

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

I really need some help with this one. I have no idea, the error message does not give me any real error codes

Thanks ahead of time.

CEChriss,

I believe I remember having to recreate the Exchange System Folders in order to get this to work. There are some Microsoft knowledgebase articles about how to do this.

Sorry I can't remember more specifically, but I did have this same issue.

-Phil

Thanks for your help!

I have yet been able to find any article relating to recreating the exchange folders in Microsofts KB. If you can give any assistance with the search I would be grateful!

thanks again

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back