Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosh

Technical User
Jun 8, 2007
US
Additional text from this blue screen error is as follows:

Address 80452F60 base at 80400000 DateStamp 384d5a76 ntoskrnl.exe.

Would anyone know what moight cause this and how to fix this?

Thanks! I have a DELL Dimension 2400

What happens/happened when the screen appeared? Any changes to the system, soft or hardware-wise?

Tony

I'm not sure. I'll ask. This is the error I received when I first booted it up after I was given the PC.

John

What operating system are you using? Can you get into the OS at all or does this happen each time you start your computer? Have you installed any new hardware, updated any software, or made any other changes recently.

I did find this info from Microsoft.

A "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message is a common type of STOP error message you may receive on a Windows NT-based computer. A "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message indicates that an error condition was detected by the kernel and Windows NT was unable to continue running because of this error condition. The types of problems that can cause a "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message are very similar to the problems that cause a "STOP 0x0000000A" error message, such as bad pointers, invalid addresses and other types of access violations. The STOP 0x0000001E bug check identifies an error that occurred in a section of code where no error handling routines exist. Note that most exceptions are generated directly in the section of code that is running.

If you can get into the OS. Check the event viewer for error messages. It would be helpful to see that information.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Chris

I have Windows 2000. Can I access Event viewer via Safe mode? If so How do access it?

you should be able to run eventvwr.msc from the start menu. Look through the system and application logs and see if you can find some errors.

So I take it that you are unable to get into Windows in normal mode and the error occurs durring startup. I doubt the event viewer will help in this case. It's likely that the event viewer service hasn't started yet. Often times these errors can occur while running windows, which is why I was asking.

Do you know if there has been any major changes recently? Have you updated any drivers? It's possible that this is caused by a corrupt or unsigned driver.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back