Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

receiving duplicate messages in Outlook 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokime

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
I am trying to figure out why I keep receiving duplicate messages in Outlook 2000. I have checked my ACCOUNTS and do not have an account set up twice. I have cleared all of my rules that could possible copy or move any emails.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I access my cable internet e-mail via dialup while traveling and get no duplicates. When I return home and log on directly to the cable internet provider, the messages duplicate. Even when I delete them and re-synch with the provider, they appear again. I did a "detect and repair" with default settings restored, not sure whether that did anything.

No clue as to what's happening.

you might want to check the pop options to make sure that the "leave message on server" option is not ticked on.

Also a too large message on the server will cause your server connection to hang and timeout before the delete command is issued by your client.

Thanks CrazyAcadian - my outlook account was indeed set to leave messages on the server.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back