Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving dock one way phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eitsalo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2006
CA
Hi All, we have CM 6.1 and also VG248 for analog devices. How do I create a outside phone which would ring on the reception desk as soon as a delivering person pickup that phone please?
Thanks inadvance..

Sorry, anyone has answer of suggestion please?
Thanks inadvance...

Set VG analog port as a PLAR...This will ring down to where ever you configure it to go

I know how to create this "PLAR" in CME but this is CM 6.1 with Window web base menu driven CM apps and I could not find the PLAR option.
Am I not looking at the right place?

Call me a big D... but this procedure doesn’t' make sense.
Also this in 2005 and not sure what verion they were at.
Here it is:

"Put the phone in its own Partition, lets say Elevator-pt"
Do I create the Elevator-PT (partition)?

Next create a partition for which you want that phone to dial, lets say security, secringdwn-pt, for Security Ring Down Partition.
So here is another one partition?

Create a CSS with just one Partition in it that you want that ringdown to call, secringdwn-pt.

Put that CSS on the phones, device CSS or line CSS it doesn't matter
I am lost..

Go to translations create a new one but for the pattern put "absolutely nothing"
Here is another one.

for the CSS have it be for the internal number that you want to call.
Put in the called number translation to the number to what you want to call.

Where does the off-hook part setup?

Lost lost lost.. sorry. any help would be much appreciated.

Version doesn't matter. It's the same in all of them.

Yes create 2 new Partitions. Put the Phone ext. in one of them. Build a CSS with ONLY the second PT in it. Put the CSS on either the Device Configuration page or the Extension page or both, doesn't matter, on the Loading dock phone.
Create a Translation Pattern with nothing on the top and put it in the second PT, put on a CSS that can call your Reception desk and in the bottom of the TP for Called Party Transform Mask, put in your Reception ext.

When the loading dock phone is picked up it will automatically dial the number in the TP.

Thank you, I will try it and will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back