Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receiving Blank Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2003
US
The company I work for currently outsources the email (Our email is POPed). Lately we have been having issues to where someone within the company will send another person within the company an email. When the person receives it it is blank, but if look in the senders sent box it has a message. We are using Outlook XP.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Is this a problem on our end or is it something on the mail server?

Thanks,
eighties chic

As I look more into the problem it is not just intercompany email. We are receiving blank emails from the outside. Which would make me believe something is wrong with the POPserver.

The only question is what would cause that.

eighties chic

Only time I have encountered this I have been grateful. Outlook updates are loaded as offered from MSoft.... so I am up to date with security offerings.
When I have gone to the ISP's webmail server and checked the contents of our saved undeleted email, the content has been undesirable and/or definately or possibly containing a virus. So the blank email has been a security action by Outlook.
Regs
PAUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back