Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receive Constant MSysCompactError Message. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlrmlr

Technical User
Mar 17, 2006
US
Hi,

Lately, my users have been locked out of a multiuser database. When I attempt to launch the database, I receve an error and repair message. I repair the database and notice the error is placed in a table called "MSysCompactError". The ErrorDescription is...
Could not find field "Description."

Can someone tell me what this error means? Is there something I can do to fix this problem. We are receiving this error too many times.

Appreciate some assistance on this issue. Thank you.

Hmmm... Not entirely sure about the source of the error, but I would start by trying to locate any instance of a field called [!]Description[/!] in any of your tables. If you continue to have this problem, consider making a blank database and importing all the problem databases objects.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Live once die twice; live twice die once.

Hi Tom,

That is what is so baffeling. I do not have a field called "Description" anywhere in any of my forms or tables. The only word with Description is the error message " MsgBox Err.Description". I will try your import suggestion for starters.

Thanks for your help.

I've had this same error and discovered that the error, "Could not find field Description" has nothing to do with your database.

The MSysCompactError table should have error number in it. The "description" field is actually located in access itself and is supposed to contain the explanation of the error code in that row. Silly Microsoft forgot to add the description field to their table.

To find out what the error codes mean, look at this link:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back