Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receive Command Result Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtflex

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hi everybody,

I have a situation where I'm sending through FM, CMD prompts to rename, move, copy, and delete digital audio files. FM is the library for these files and host all the basic information about them.

I have no problems sending commands to work on these files, however, I do not get any feedback if the action took place.

I'm wondering if anybody has an idea of how to notify me if a command completed successfully (without having to manualy open up the folder and view it).

Can there be some kind of boolean trigger that can be set in a FM script to let me know the CMD command was successful?

I'm using FM6 on a IBM PC (later will be placed on a server)

Thanks,
Joe

I don't think there is any error control for shell script commands. You may want to look at the Troi File Plug-in.
(I seem to be recommending a lot of software in this group so I'll say that I have no affilation with Troi.)

--------------------------------
Jeff Duck
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer

I use AutoIt and can do checks, error control, even triggers to activate scripts in FM, based upon the return from AutoIt.

....but, only for Windows....

...and, like Jeff Duck :

I recommending a software in this group so I'll say that I have no affilation it...

HTH

Thanks guys,

I'll be working on this one this weekend.

Take care,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back