Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recalling a message in Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgmarquez

MIS
Mar 6, 2003
US
Hello there,
Does anyone knows about a MS Exchange tool that will enable recalling a message?. I am aware you can do that from Outlook - actually it is a very shaky feature, it does not work all the time and have to be performed from the mailbox of the user who send the message - I am looking for a tool or utility that will allow me to delete a particular message from multiple mailboxes at once. The scenario will be one in which you receive an email from the internet and I would like to be able to see how many users got it and be able to remove it from all their mailboxes...
Thanks for your time in advance

I found the program I was looking for. Just in case anyone there ever needs it. It is called Content Inspector and you will have to pay a license per each mailbox you have on your mail server. Very good at least in paper. I have not tried yet...

You could always use Exmerge. If you know the subject you can search the information store and remove all messages with that subject if they have been read or not, and what's more it's free! You can download it from the MS Site or get it from an exchange service pack cd.

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back