Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rebuilding a module with CPAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonhardt

Programmer
Aug 25, 2006
US
Hello all,

So, my bad day started with an over-zealous rm -rf. It has to do with fink and darwin, and it's ugly, but suffice it to say, I no longer have much of a /usr/local directory. I've been reinstalling since. I ran into some troubles with ImageMagick. I use Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed on a test server on my mac, and when I tried opening the script that called it, it couldn't find /usr/local/lib/libmagick.*.dylib, namely because I rm'ed it.

I can't get CPAN to rebuild the module, because according to its database, its up-to-date and everything's ok. I tried using the ExtUtils library to uninstall the module, essentially:

$inst = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
unlink $inst->files('Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed');
unlink $inst->packlist('Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed');

which seemed to work. I went into the CPAN shell to reinstall, and CPAN still thinks it is installed. Is there a way to force CPAN to rebuild the module? I've tried the following to no avail:

cpan> force get Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed
cpan> force make ...
cpan> force install ...

test doesn't even actually perform any tests! It just keeps telling me that everything is current and ok.

I'm running perl5.8.8 on MacOSX Darwin (10.4.7)

Thanks a bunch,
Matt

AHA! i found your problem! it can be summed up in one word:

Mac

That's your problem.

--------------------------
The best answer to your question will definitely be RTFM.

Right. I'll just toss a few thousand dollars of high-end audio production software aside because my BSD distro doesn't fit your standards. Thanks for your help.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to attempt to sum it up in something a little more substantial than one word?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back