Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rebooting signal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

extreme10

Technical User
Mar 12, 2014
US
is there any danger of losing the programming on my signal server when I reboot it by powering it down?

Thankyou
extreme10

Doubtful, they get rebooted all the time without any issue. But there is always "Murphy's Law".

How do I back up the signal server if there is a possibility of losing the memory?

Thanks
exteme10

There really is no backup of a SS. You have to do a reinstall of the linux if it fails. All you need to know is the IP info if you need to reinstall it, as well as the software handy and the current patches.

We reboot SS all the time and so far havent lost the programming by doing that. We have lost them and had to do a respin once in a while but not when rebooting them.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

But be prepared. If it is a cppm signaling server, and has the well know memory module issue, it may get stuck in a boot loop. Good Luck

Is there a procedure to pulling the power, before hand?

Thanks
extreme10

That's not the type of SS. Is the SS inside the cabinet or outside in a rack?

Does the SS have a gray colored face on it with 3 buttons on the front for pwr,ini and rst?

The far left button is the power button. Hold it in until the unit powers off.

Thankyou, I just hope it doesn't lose it's memory. I would like to retire but
not this way. :)

It will be fine. The ISP 1100 SS which you have is a pretty good box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back