Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebooting 6920 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigsin

Programmer
Jan 17, 2009
NL
Hi,

We experiencing issues with Mitel 6920 Ip Phones.
Few times a day the phones are freezing and rebooting.

Phones are connected to an uptodate MBG.

53xx connected to the same MBG having no issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

R

Check the software version of the 6920's

If they predate 1.0.0.148 they can't upgrade properly

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

How are the phones connecting
- All in the same location?
- Using a poe switch or other?
- If on a poe switch are you using vlan's, lldp-med or cdp?
- Are they in Minet mode?

Phones are located at different lcations, providers and PoE switches.
All phones are in Minet mode and some locations are using Vlans,
but not using LLDP or CDP. Ports are dedicated in voice Vlan.

Are the logs in the Phone system telling you anything other than Lost Connection?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Also in the newer releases there is logging that you can enable on the phone itself through the web interface.
Can you confirm what MSL/MBG you are running, and do the 53XX or 69XX show unable to connect to tftp or tftp download fail when booting?

Issue was caused by a bug in the firmware.
We received a new set of phone firmware files we uploaded to the MBG.
After rebooting the phones (and updating) the issue was solved for multiple customers.

@Bigsin

Are you able to remember the Firmware load that was an issue and what Firmware resolved the issue

I would be interested to know this also

If its not broke tweak it..

69xx SET FW 1.4.0.79 was issued in late November, should be available at Mitel website.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Hi,

Firmware 1.4.0.77 onwards is oke.

1.4.0.80 is now available with new installation methods for both MIVb 8 and MIVB 9

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back