Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebooted and moved CX-380

Status
Not open for further replies.

katama777

Technical User
Mar 10, 2007
US
I recently shut down a CX380 (rebooted and held both SPSs, then powered it off) and moved it to a different floor in my datacenter. It is powered on on the new floor, the IP connections are made, the SPs are cabeld to the fabric.

Unfortunately the new floor of the datacenter does not have the same IP range as the original floor, so I need to login to the array locally and change the addresses.

Does anyone know the steps in order I need to take? Tell me if I forgot something...

1. Bring laptop to data center and connect to each SP with a crossover cable (or regular network cable?)

2. Make sure laptop is set to the same IP subnet that the SPs are currently on.

3. Change SP IPs to the new subnet/address

4. Rediscover the CX in Navisphere via its new addresses.

That should do the trick.

You'll probably need cross over cables to connect to the SPs.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Hi,
Firtst of all, yo need to connect to the peer SP (SPB) using your web browser.
i.e 10.1.1.1/setup
Using your account information (username and passwor) modify the network configuration as you want. Once the SPB was reboot, repeat the steps with SPA.

Regards,
Zelandonii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back