Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot when trying to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit77

MIS
Mar 11, 2002
US
Okay, here goes. Win 95 machine. Try to print from IE, machine reboots. Upgrade to IE5.5 sp2 and critical updates, no change. Point to a different printer, still reboots when trying to print. Try to print from Outlook 2000...you guessed it, it reboots. Any ideas? The printers we've pointed to are network printers, not that it makes much difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (bangs head on desk) If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Anyone? If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Hmmmm a Win95 machine huh?
What type/brand of printer is the machine networked to?
HAve you checked the network and spooling settings?
How many printers are networked?
What length of cable is installed?
Is the printer an older type with a small memory buffer?
Do Office and other programs experience the same problem?

Just a few "need to knows" in order to better help you.

Get back to us

PAUL

It's pointed to a Brother 1670N. We have probably 12 printers networked. The problem didn't start until I upgraded IE to 5.5. I've since upgraded the machine to Win 98 SE, IE 6 and all critical updates. The problem only takes place in IE or Outlook. We can print an office document without it rebooting.
Thanks If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back