Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot Sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccalia1

MIS
Oct 20, 2003
GB

Hi,

I have created a script to reboot my Citrix Servers. I have a small farm, 3 zones consisting of 3 servers in each.

Is there any particular order that I need to reboot the servers in? Do I have to reboot the Data Collector first?

What happens if your using Citrix Clustering, which is rebooted first, does it matter?

How about the IMA Server?

They are W2K Servers, Citrix Metaframe XP FP3.

thanks

We had a problem caused once regarding the reboot order of our Citrix servers. Originally they were rebooting all at the same time ( Scheduled through the management console) but because the normal citrix servers were rebooting before the Data store had finished rebooting the servers would come up with there log ons disabled. I rescheduled the reboots so that the DS boots 15 minutes earlier and we have never had any problems since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back