Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

axgrinder

Technical User
Jul 12, 2003
IE
Hi This is the 2nd time I am posting this request for help as there were no responses last time. Is there anyone out there who can help?

My Pc Specs:
Asus P4B266 MoBo
Celeron 2.0Ghz Cpu
256Mb ram DDr
Ati 128 Rage pro Agp card

Initially on putting the pc together, it ran well. Approx. 6 hours later, it rebooted itself, and hung on the post test. I tried replacing the power supply, the ram, re-seating the graphics card, Moved the cpu to a working pc (it ran without problems), Removed all non essential components(Hdd, floppy etc). The pc still will not start. sometimes it has a Pause? of 30 seconds before the post completes and the system beeps. When it does complete the post, it occasionally goes directly into the bios setup and before I can load the bios defaults, it will reset itself and then either hang, not completing the post test, or if the post test completes, will reboot shortly afterwards.
I have taken out the MoBo and connected everything out of the case on a cardboard box, with only the Agp card, Ram, Keyboard and mouse connected. I am still getting the same results. The MoBo is the second one I have tried, with the same results.

Does any one have any suggestions as I am now clueless?

try replacing RAM.

Also, the main HDD may be too big for the motherboard

It is only a 20gb HD and the ram has been replaced, also tried different slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back