Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot Pending (not security Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2001
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have deployed a wise scripted package, which sms reboots after install. The package is set to only install when there is no user logged in, as it chnages the local printer settings. I have sent this to my advanced clients, and most of them worked. I have about 10 that say "Reboot Pending" which I know is not the case as I have even rebooted these manually. The package has installed fine as all the files are on the system and the registry keys are all correct.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of chnaging the staus manually, either though a mof, wbemtest, or the sql table (ie clientofferstatus)

I think the statusagent.log will show you if it reported back a success,

If it didnt you should be able to kick off a machine policy retrieval and eval from the control panel sms prop icon action tab.

Hi tbrennans,

should have mentioned earlier, sorry, that I have tried that. The status says that it was installed correctly, but waiting for a reboot. I rebooted the machine manually and then start the policy and eval cycle on the PC. Still no joy. I looked in the database and the client details have the correct date for the retrieve cycle so I know that it's sent it, but the alertstatus is still 13 (Reboot pending).

That sucks.... so the registry key on the client is updated, I dont have an sms box around but its something like:

hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\Execution History then something like reboot flag?? I'd weed through the exe history in the same reg path and see if something strikes you.

I'm not a huge fan of editing the DB but I suppose its doable OR I would delete the reg key for the exe history on the system and run the advert again.

Once again this is because i hate messing with the db as its hard to tell what else is connected to the key your editing.

Tim B

Not back at work until Wednesday, so I'll have a look on the client when I get back and let you know how I got on.

In the mean time I did change the table so that the it reported that all was fine (for my manager), but I bet that it chnages back at the next machine cycle. :eek:(

Hi Tim

THe others didn't reappear after I changed the clientofferstatus table, but one has appear at another site. I checked the registry and there is nothing out of the place, but the software has been applied and the PC has rebooted. It seems that the for some reason I'm not recieving the status mif after reboot.

I just changed the table again :eek:)

Thanks for your help
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back