Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reboot.exe - Access denied 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedacca

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
Can anyone please tell me why I get a Windows message when I log in to Winodws saying "C:\...reboot.exe

Access to the specified device, path or file is denied.

Could it be anything to do with protection against Sasser?

[ponder]

Sounds like you have a startup entry that's trying to reboot machine! But you haven't got access to the file reboot.exe.

Run msconfig & see if there's an entry in there referencing reboot.exe. If there is, just disable it (untick).

Thanks Wolluf. I've done what you suggested, but now Windows says: "Cannot find the file 'msconfig' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
[sadeyes]

Thanks you guys, you're the greatest!

[medal]

sorry sedacca - wrong o/s! - good catch electronicsfreak.

btw there are other tools like startupcpl and autoruns which can do this job too.

n/p lol had to add it myself when I installed. I love msconfig lol.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back