Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reboot 442x IP phones remotely 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurf8

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
HR
It is possible to reboot IP phones remotely. I have 40 phones and i make some changes in configuration file and phones must reboot to accept new changes.

Thanks in advance.

IPURI:DIR=ALL,FORCE=YES; from the MD110/MX-ONE

this will only reboot REGISTERED phones.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Well IPURI wont reboot the telephone in many cases, it will force the telephone to read the config file.
Surf to the telephone, log on and go to network.
Push apply all settings.

Ore use putty, log on and type reboot.

Mpe

"Well IPURI wont reboot the telephone in many cases"

Can you explain this please? IPURI - FORCE reboots a registered phone, and when it comes up it reads config file. If the phone is not registered it does not receive the IPURI command so does not reboot and read the config file. Can you explain how a phone will read the config file on IIS without rebooting the phone which is what you say?

To give another option to smurf, restart the network switch(es) the phones are connected to if they are PoE, this will reboot all the phones.

best parnum

If You give "Push apply all settings." as Mpe has mentioned, the phone for sure will reboot even without changing anything via web interface.

Hello.

I've write shell script (using curl command) which remotly login to IP phones and "virtual" press "Apply all settings"
I've only provide list of IP addresses of ip phones...

script has only few lines... I don't have access to it at this moment - but if you need I can retrive it from site... - just let me know.

BR
--
Mark

can someone explain what is the reason of using this method to reboot a logged on phone when you can already do forced IPURI on extension from the TSW/TSE? I can only see you create more work this way?

thanks parnum

Hello.
sometime not every IP phone is registered on the switch. In my situation this was the reason why I've used this method instead of IPURI ( which is working find - but IP phone must be registered).

BR
--
mark

It will be nice if you can retrieve this script maxilee.

I have Aastra 442x telephones and i don't have "Apply all settings" in web interface. IPURI only unregister telephones and don't reboot them.

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

<code>
#!/bin/bash
set -x

IPADDRESS=$2
EXT=$1

_ST=`mdsh -c "susip:dir=$EXT;" | grep IPX | cut -d" " -f 4`

if [ -z $_ST ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_SUSIP
exit 0
fi

if [ $_ST = "IDLE" ]; then
curl -s " -d "passw=Ericsson" -d "subbut=Log+on" > /dev/null
curl -s " > /dev/null
_OUT=$?
if [ $_OUT = "0" ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_IDLE
elif [ $_OUT = "52" ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_AUTH
fi
elif [ $_ST = "SPEECH" ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_SPEECH
elif [ $_ST ="CALTER" ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_CALTER
elif [ $_ST ="CALORG" ]; then
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_CALORG
else
echo "$EXT $IPADDRESS" >> _LIST_UNDEFINED
fi
</code>

script checks that IP ext is in IDLE state and if it is - then it reboot phone.
Also script writes few lists _LIST_SPEECH, _LIST_CALTER etc..

syntax:
reboot_iphone.sh _ext_ _ip_addr_

notice that all my ip phones has default password for web page.

Maybe this will be usefull for you :)

BR
--
mark

IPURI only unregister telephones and don't reboot them."

In my experience IPURI FORCE reboots the phone and it looks to the IIS server for the new config file and updates the phone if anything changed, I have updated entire networks this way remotely. Can someone clarify if something has changed with this and when?

best parnum

Hello.

I've tested at this moment IPURI on ip extension ( both types SIP and H.323) and IPURI doesn't couse restart of IP phone but in fact the config is reloaded from web server...

in test i've used TSE 3.2 SP3 and phone DBC 4422 with latest firmware R7B

You are saying that if you IPURI, the config file is read and updated without the phone restarting? I have never seen this it is always (loosely)

1. IPURI
2. phone reboots
3. reads config file
4. downloads changes
5. once finishd, re-registers automatically again

As soon as the phone is forced to unregister, it reboots. I have done this task on many sites so I do not understand your results, strange!

best parnum

IPURI will force the NEWER (x02) phones to reload the config file. IF the config file has changed, it will reboot.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

IPURI is very inconsistent. We've had people use it to upgrade whole sites and wraths of phones are left on old firmware due to it.

The sure fire way to ensure a phone cold boots is to power cycle it.
If via PoE switch, this is of course easy by bouncing the individual port, or the entire switch.

Of course any PC using the IP phone as a switch will temporarily lose service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back