Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reappearing Document Recovery Task pane 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonteponte

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2004
SE
Hi there,

I have a number of terminal servers installed with Office 2003. On one of them the document recovery task pane keeps reappearing for all users. The document that appears is a document I've worked with as an administrator. If the task pane is closed everything will work as usual the next time I open word. However the third time I open word the document recovery task pane will reappear again with the same document, and it will keep doing this. No matter what I do it keeps doing this. My conclusion is that somewhere on the machine there's a recovered document that's somehow broken so it can't be deleted. But where?

Thanks!
/Jonas Versén

Noone?

I've looked for .asd files and .wbk files and I can't find anything suspicious. The files shown in the recovery pane are:

Document <restored>
Doucment <original>

The restored one is not possible to open. So that could explain why I'm not finding any wbk/asd files. But why does it keep showing up?

Problem solved!

I'm mostly replying because I know how frustrating it can be to google and find threads without an answer :)

The problem involved word crashing when I had been installing programs in change user /install mode, and those actions has then somehow been recorded into the registry. By deleting the following key the problems stopped:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\resiliency

/Jonas Versén

Thanks for posting the sollution, since you found it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back