Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realtime reporting statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

chekcol

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
Does anyone know how (probably cli) to get real-time statistics on what has been backed up and what is left on a particular client. I was told that the NWADMIN gui is the last to know about statistics and a couple of mminfo commands I have do not give real time.

I have over 500 clients and the gui is un-responsive sp group Control is out of the question.

I don't think you will be able to do this. The only thing the server really knows is:

1) Data is coming in
2) The client is done

During the backup the server is fed a byte stream of data, it has no real idea of what files are getting backed up. the data is in a format where the data is in a generic form it is not OS specific this is how Networker can handle multiple OS's going to the same tape device.

If you are looking for % done from a client, again I don't think you can get this info. During the backup process the client software will walk the filesystem and determione what needs to get backed up. this is typically while the backup is happening.

So good luck, if you can get this to work post it here,

You could use nsradmin instead of nwadmin. This can show some information, but not all.

Hi,

I think that the old GEMS product, now called Legato Network Management Console, has lots of different reporting features which may help.

It's expensive I think but, hey if the management want that sort of in depth reporting, tell them to put there hands in their pockets.

Regards
KeefB

[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back