Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realtime pan with mouse wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

integral2

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
I recently installed AutoCAD 2002 at home and I can't realtime pan with my mouse wheel (or third button) like I can at work. I tried the MBUTTONPAN (1) command, but that dosen't seem to solve it. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm using a Logitech MX700 mouse if that makes a difference? Thanks.

You will need to go to your Control Panel in Windows, under mouse and set the middle mouse button settings. It differs for different brands of mice, you may have to play with the settings until you get what you want.

I have run into this as well with AutoCAD 2002. This might sound a little strange but it worked for me twice now. I install the drivers that came with the mouse. I believe it's called mouseware and then reboot. As soon as the PC comes back up I just uninstall the mouseware software and the wheel pan is fine again. Again, I don't know why this has worked but it has. Hope it helps.

use the mbuttonpan command in AutoCAD and see if that helps.
Type mbuttonpan at the command prompt. It can be set to 0 or 1

Jonathan

I had the same problem. tdenitti's solution worked for me too. Just un-install the mouseware software and all will be well.
I have seen no loss of functionality in the mouse, but you may lose some of the fancier features.

Just read the original question again, I guess mbuttonpan was already tried.

OOPs

Jonathan

I saw a post some where about mouse problems. The problems that I was able to fix via this method, was the inability to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
By the way I have Windows 2000 Pro.
Go to your Windows Desk Top, Open My Computer, Control Panel, Mouse, Select the wheel tab, Select the Troubleshooter button. I will lead you through the steps.
You will need to have the problem drawing open.
I don't know if this will help, but try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back