Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realtime Grabber/homegrown Director 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshadz37

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
US
Hello all,

Is there anyone out there who has developed their own version of Director (web based, probably xml) using real time grabber?

We're on v9.2 of the acd, and have Contact server v6.2.1

Are you looking to view your canvases over the web?

We have remote call center agents (i.e. work from home) who need to view the real-time info so they can stay abreast of call volumes and current activity.

We set up a machine with Director on it which displays the canvases they need to view. We then installed a freeware/shareware screen sharing tool called PeerSynergy. This enables my agents to view the screen share over the web. Some of our agents who work in the office and have obstructed view to our plasma screens on the floor also connect to the screen share so they can view the info as well.

Is this what you're looking to do?

Or are you looking for a web-based canvas designer? I do not know of such a tool but I would also be interested in one because I find designing canvases on Producer to be quite clunky.

Yes, we were looking to be able to reproduce the stats in Director by pulling the data into a web page so that anyone can view it from their desk, via a browser window, could save quite a bit in licensing. My colleague was able to create something with ASP and the x10 database. Not sure exactly how he did it, I'm no coder.

We also have some departments that have reps view canvases on a single pc using VNC, similar to your PeerSynergy.

The neat thing about PeerSynergy is the free version allows unlimited connections so that's why we preferred it over some other tools we evaluated. There other similar tools out there but we liked it the best.

We use VNC to connect to the Director PCs only if we need to connect and restart a canvas or interact with the machine. I seem to recall that by default, VNC is designed for a single connection to a machine and bumps a person from the connection when another signs on. I only use it sparingly to fix my Director machine so I could be wrong.

With PeerSynergy, people can only view the screen and not interact with it so it works great for our needs. I believe we grabbed it from It is listed as free to try, 9.95 to buy, but my understanding is that the trial version has no expiration and allows unlimited connections. The full version offers some advanced features, of which I am not aware. The trial version serves our purposes.

We were also considering ScreenStream, which is free as well:
Good luck!

Charles

As part of the Contact Server suite you have activex or apis for connecting to the realtime system. Using this and the realtime table and fields guide you should be able to put something together pretty easy. They even include sample code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back