Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realtime display errors on SCCS Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopezdba

Vendor
Jan 8, 2005
US
I'm currently having some problems while trying to access the Realtime display and all the service show as unknown on the systems monitor windows. I currently have SCCS 4.2.

Here are the errors given when trying to access the realtime displays.

"Unable to register data with statistics data propergator. Realtime display cannot continue

Is your call center up? Are you referring to the monitor on the server itself? -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

The system is up and running OK. All calls are currently being routed as they should be and yes I'm referring to SMONW on the server.

That's what I'm concerned with; SMONW should show your services up if your server is up. If you hit the refresh all button do they show a up? You said also in your original post that they all show as unknown? -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

Thats correct Matt! I also tried refreshing the services and nothing changes.

Things to check (according to NTP's...)

Only one SMONW window should be open.

Can you ping the server CLAN address from the client PC

Check the bindings for CLAN vs ELAN on the server; the CLAN should be first. Pg 81 in I&M NTP for SCCS 4.2

Not at all sure if this is the same issue; but also trying installing the latest PEP for your client; it addresses some hardware incompatibility issues. Should be NS040107SU11C and that might help. -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

here is the only critical alarm that I found on the Server event viewer.

"Event from NT System Log (Service Control Manager) Event: ID=7000, gortcbh service failed to start due to the following error: the executable program this this service is configured to run in does not implement the service

I'm afraid that's over my head; I am not sure why SMONW would be reporting inaccurate info; and if your network is good and the patch doesn't help, I might be lost too! :) Have you tried the patch and the other steps I outlined above? If rebooting the server is an option, perhaps you should do that also... -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

Do you have a Web Client installed on the network?? If so does it have two network cards??
Let me know!!

TWM

yes we do have a web client but it only has 1 nic card. Have any of you heard of a service called "gortcbh" I show as a service but it is disabled and this was the cause of the last critical error.

The Problem was caused by a virus that managed to get through the firewall. The virus installed it self as a service " gortcbh" and mapped it self to the IP address of SCCS client. After isolating it with the anti virus software and disabling the "gortcbh" service, I proceeded to reboot the SCCS server and the problem was resolved.

working man, have you run into the problem of the webclient previously grabbing a dhcp address on a second nic card on the web client. Then , even though the second nic is not connected to the network, it stop or delays tarffice between both the Fat cleint and the web client and the Symp server?

Sorry Paul, You have to disable APIPA on the Web Client server. That will take care of the OAM timeout issues.

Regards,
TWM

Thanks for the info. I was able to fix it, I just though I was the only person who had run across that issue.

I seem to be blessed with finding all the quirkly little issues with the nortel products. for example, installing a 5.0 on a server that is in a AD domain that has set a policy password requiements can be tricky because nortel still uses ntdist and nortel as passwords for thier NGenDist and NGenDesign users during the automated install.

atleast setting these servers up are not boring.

Paul

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a Symposium Express and it was related to the binding of network interface cards on the Symposium Server (CLAN/ELAN). I will attahc the original response from Nortel Support, eventually you haev the same problem.

checked the network bindings and they are incorrect (see screen shot attached to the case): ELAN - CLAN - RAS.

=> Action 1:
You must re-configure the bindings order of the network interface cards so that the CLAN card comes first, then the ELAN card, and then the virtual adapters for remote access. To perform this change, shutdown SECC services, make the changes and reboot SECC server.
Please let me know the impact of this change on RTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back