Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realia COBOL and Btrieve API (key/data area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanSweden

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
SE
Hi
I try hard using pervasive.sql 2000 or btrieve if you prefer. I'm using the API interface from Realia COBOL and ..
It's hard to make btrieve understand what I want to do - and pervasive are not interested in cobol programmers ...
I have tried to define a correct data area for keys and data to be passed on the btrv call

I need to have a primary key
I need to have an alternate key - with no modification
I need to have 3 more keys that are allowed to be modified

all keys and data are defined as string (btrieve)

All keys should be represented within each record
(duplicated)

Any good suggestions here? I have got it half way - but with strange behavior .. btrieve claims my data buffer is not large enough - but it is ..

Perhaps there are tools out there to create data definitions specifically for cobol - btrieve?

Pleased for any light brought to my problems ..

Thanks!

Jan

The information you require resides within the Pervasive/Btrieve Developer's Kit (SDK). Two ways to create Btrieve files are through the CREATE function from within the program or through the use of the BUTIL utility and a description file. If you let me know what you have as far as software and version information, I probably can help you out.

Hi ecichy

thanks for your reply - your help is most welcome!

If you send me an e-mail - perhaps I can send you
a code sample that shows what I'm aiming at?

jan.paimo@motiva.a.se

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back