Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real-time speech to text via Avaya Agent?

sfrank711

Technical User
Oct 4, 2024
Hello all. I have a co-worker who is severely hearing impaired that has joined the team. He has cochlear implants but has a very hard time hearing incoming calls and communicating with the callers. Is anyone aware of any Speech-to-Text software that is compatible with Avaya Agent? I think we use version 1.7.24, Open SSL version. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? Are there any things, processes, or devices that you've used that can improve the his experience and capabilities?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, i had a similar situation with a client and i saw that he was comfortably using a bluetooth headset with his mobile phone and had no issues with hearing the conversation, so i just twinned his IP handset to his mobile number and it seems to have resolved the issue

Hi, i had a similar situation with a client and i saw that he was comfortably using a bluetooth headset with his mobile phone and had no issues with hearing the conversation, so i just twinned his IP handset to his mobile number and it seems to have resolved the issue
Thank you for the reply....I really appreciate the help. In this case, we're just using headsets plugged into a PC so softphones, I guess. Would it be possible to forward the calls to his mobile number or something like that? I'm not sure if he's comfortable or capable of using a BT headset or earbud but will find out. Have read that there are some good apps available for use on mobile phones. Just don't know if there is anything that would play well with this Avaya system.

If you let a software write down the spoken text, you will find out that it will be delayed and this will not lead into a good experience in a call. Just half a second delay (in Audio) feels bad in a call. Also you speek different than you write and so the software will wirte things down that are someimes almost unreadable...

I would also got the bluetooth way... Maybe the user has some device that is able to connect to multiple phones (cell phone AND deskphone) at once. So you can provide him a bluetooth capable phone.

Ask your colleague. Many cochlear implants can be paired directly using Bluetooth. So as per the first answer (use Workplace on whatever device is best) or J100 phone with wireless module.

I've seen the current speech to text AI within Zoom used to a transcribe meeting record - and whilst it gets things 95% correct, the 5% it messes up can cause all kinds of confusion.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back