Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real Time Reporting - not reporting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
Greetings,

I have a Symposium System, Version 5, with the Symposium Web Server for interfacing with Symposium.

Build: 04.05.005.02 (Web Client 4.5 - SU 05) with update
NN_SWC_4.5_SU_07 applied.

We recently rebuilt the Web Server to use Terminal Services for scripting through the web server.

We are now having problems with our Real Time Reporting screens not always loading properly. We have created a "Graphical Display" using three grids and three billboards. When we launch the display, we will get the following message in one or more of the grid displays:

"Last server contact: 8/27/2007 2:48:27 PM
The system could not retrieve any data from the server because either the server connection is down, or there are currently no applications logged in. If the server connection is working, then try launching the display again later.
Transmit Mode = Unicast."

Performing a Internet Explorer "refresh" in the screen will finally load the grid about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time, we have to try a refresh again.

Has anyone seen anything like this..?? I only have about four people set up for Real Time Reporting and the number of Unicast sessions are set to 180.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Just to let everyone know, the problem ended up being identified by Nortel.

My vendor had to load a patch to SU03 and that took care of the problem.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

This issue is most likely related to LogMessage lines in RTDService.asp

There are DPs for both SWC and CCMA or editing of RTDService.asp be done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back