Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real Time Displays stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nih4319

Technical User
Aug 8, 2011
US

We are currently experiencing issues with Real Time Displays for multiple users. The displays stop launching and provide the error "The system could not retrieve any data from the server because either the server connection is down, or there are currently no applications logged in. If the server connection is working, then try launching the display again later.
Transmit Mode = Multicast & Unicast.
Server transmission error: (4097) Unicast setup failed (map insert error)"

The displays seem to work for sometime during the day and automatically show this error for some of the supervisors. Can you please let me know why this is happening? Is this occuring because of the reaching out the unicast connection limits?

Insure they are only using one browser to launch real-time displays. Unicast (the protocol) does not support launching real-time displays from more than 1 browser.

Are supervisors using Internet Explorer 8? There is a known memory leak issue when using I.E. 8 and running agent real-time. To stop leak in I.E. - Tools, Options, Advanced tab, clear check box beside "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer" and clear check box beside "Disable Script Debugging (Other"

How many supervisors (total) view the system at one time?

Have you verified the number of unicast connections allowed is greater than the number of supervisors using real-time? {CCMA - Start Button - Avaya/Nortel - Manager Administration - Configuration}

It sounds like you do not use multicast, do you know why you are not using it (if you have a lot of supervisors it really saves bandwidth)?

Could also be network related, especially if some continue to work while others are failing.

Thank you effort1584 for your reply.

Supervisors are using Internet Explorer 7. By one browser, do you mean only Internet Explorer and not other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome?

I think about 30-40 supervisors use RTDs and most of them have billboard displays. I checked the number of unicast sessions which is currently set at 120.

You are correct, we are not using Multicast currently. CCMA server has both Multicast and Unicast enabled. But it looks like the network is not multicast enabled.

So far, two supervisors have complained about RTDs erroring out. I have found that they are located in the same subnet which is different that the subnet of Contact Center servers. The application log has error ID 116 "The IP address xx xx xxx xxx for stat x could not be stored. Unicast connection cannot be established".

Can the local PC have issues? Or may be network related?

I thought that once a display is launched, it remains up and running. The issue here is that application and/ or skillset display stops working.

Thanks.

Typically the application does stay running once successfully launched. I suspect a network issue, it would be odd for more than 1 computer to have this issue, but not others. If the failures are happening on a separate subnet I would wonder about that subnet or the route to it. Any large operations (backups, data transfers, etc.) occur during the time frame when the error occurs? You may want to capture NIC traffic on the PC with something like wireshark and see if the flow of contact center data stops just prior to them noticing the display error.

The issue happens for multiple CCMA users so I believe its not related to a subnet in particular.

I have been checking event logs on the CCMA server and the following Event IDs have been generated for some Client IP addresses:-

Event ID 116
The IP address %1 for stat %2 could not be stored. Unicast connection cannot be established.

Event ID 141

HELLO Message Timeout. Haven't heard from IP %1!s! stat %2!s! for more than 5 minutes. Closing connection.

Is the CCMA server always looking out for connection establishment messages from Client IP addresses? Is the issue with Client PC? Or is it network related?

The error 141 is not typically an indication of a problem. It is simply stating it has not heard from the client in 5 minutes. This can be due to normal things like closing the CCMA windows with the X instead of logging out. Or it can be the computer going to sleep (I have seen that one during lunch hours). Check to see if there is a reason why the desktops might be shutting off anything, even a power plan that shuts off network connection could cause this.

I assume the error 116 and 141 associate to the same IP address and therefore these may be linked. My thought is when the computer tries to re-attach it is not seen as detached and therefore it won't save the IP for the unicast a second time.

Check for a configuration or use of systems that may be causing the system to not reply.

I believe the controls for the timeout are in IIS Manager, there is a timeout setting in each application pool. Getting to it is different based upon O.S. version and IIS version. You could try increasing the amount of time (seconds) before timeout to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back