Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

readonlypc3 when trying to use Xerox XP12

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwishane

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2001
AU
When using system drivers for a Xerox DC1250 and Friery XP12
box, trying to setup a PC3 you get a "Fail to connected error".
This error has been reported as a corrupt PC3 or system printer does not support Autocad.

The only method I have found to fix this is recopy a dll from a PC that works with this printer, from drv suddir, but this is not a permanent fix.
Anyone have any ideas at all??????? Xerox don't!!!

What version of CAD are you using....the print drivers have changed
since Acad14...how long do you have your Xerox and how old
is it?? Jay~

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare.

~KeyTech

We are using AutoCAD 2000 and 2000i. The 2000 versions have the problems, the pc3 are being created on these as the 2000i pc3 does not work with 2000, diff drivers.
The Xerox printer is 3 months old, DC1250 doc center with Friery XP12 server. It is running the latest version of software/drivers supplied by Xerox. Printing is done via MS TCP/IP direct printing ie not spooling to a NT server.
We have found that if you do not use a pc3 and print directly to the system printer then it works but then wipeout boxes appear solid black.
The driver is an Adobe 2 PS as PCL creates un-useable file sizes.
If you set up a PC3 file you get a readonlypc3 driver in the properties of that pc3, and the error no connection.
The PC's are running NT4 Sp 6a. all are P3 800Mkz 256mb Ram.
I have search the web without luck.

Any ideas?

hi again....Im actually away from any PC's for the next while
and I just poped on for a quick look...so I dont have much
time here! sorry!
anyway, since you mentioned 2000 and 2000i, I think I discovered
what is wrong, and Im sure what you need is a patch for
CAD, it is available from the web and you can find it in
support with the search words as printing problems and PC3...
I have found this b4 in the site but cant remember where...
all I can give now is sorry I couldnt be more help!!! Jay~

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare.

~KeyTech

Fix for this problem is

1. Check Windows NT driver dll versions – go to Autocad Plotter manager – double click the pc3 – dll versions should be 5.11.266

2. Update Windows NT driver if necessary – Right click on printer in settings/printers – properties - new driver – have disk – \printers\Xerox xp12 v1.1\english\prntdrvr\oemsetup.inf – pick xp12 - replace existing driver.

3. Copy gdi6.hdi, gdifont6.hdi, gdiplot7.hdi to C:\program_files\acad2000\drv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back