Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading WMV properties in PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvdmvs

Technical User
Sep 18, 2000
NL
I would like to get the title and description from a wmv file. I can't find any documentation about how it can be done in PHP, or any example scripts.

Does somebody has experience with this, and point me in de right direction or to some documentation?

mcvdmvs
"It never hurts to help" -- Eek the Cat

Where are you storing this information in the WMV file exactly?

The easiest way to do this is to have a table with the Title, description and link to the file in it and simply use that.

But I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to do here or where you think this data will come from.

A file, like WMV, has metadata. This metadata is in the head of the file. WMV is encrypted and i don't know of a way to uncrypt it and read the head.

mcvdmvs

i'm not sure that the tags are encrypted (or encoded). i think they are just id3 tags in which case retrieving them should be trivial (in the engineering sense)

take a look at

Looks promising, thanx

mcvdmvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back