Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading & Restoring Raw IMCDATA Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mictain

MIS
Jul 4, 2001
GB
Afternoon all,

As a starting point I'd like to say "yes, I know they can be individually read using notepad!" And now that's out of the way... [wink]

I have been asked to try and find some particular e-mails during a month long period, which means I have about 40k+ archived mail messages to go through. I'm sure I can search within the files for relevant text to get that number down but there'll still be a fair few left to sift through.

As using Notepad to view each one is a non starter, is there a program that exists that will allow me to do this easily? Or is there a way to restore the raw files back into Outlook 2k messages?

We're using NT4 and Exchange 5.5 atm if that makes a difference.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Neil.

You could try renaming them as *.eml, that way you could open them in OL or OLExpress and at least save off any attachments, it might even allow you to forward or reply (I'm not sure about this last bit, though).

Thanks for that, zbnet. I got a shortlist(!) of 1,000 mails after an initial text search, so used a renaming program to give them all this extension, then dragged and dropped the lot into OLExpress and sorted further that way.

Nice one [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back