Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading from the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofShadowz

Programmer
May 14, 2002
US
Well, I posted about this before, but it seems to be deleted?

This is what iam trying to do...
Make a program that reads from a remote site a four digit number, the line with the number is formatted like this &quot;<td><b>1234</b></td>&quot; Iam only interested in the dynamic, 4 digit number. then write this number in an external file. I can do everything but the hard part, reading the number from the net.

I wrote a perl script that accomplishes this, but I want to distribute this to win9x users and installing perl, and a lib is beyound their scope.

I am very unskilled in C++, so any tutorial sites you can recommend feel free to do so.

Thats not simple enough for me, I am no way near comprehending how programs with graphical interfaces work. Can you show me a more simplistic program, or give me the lines of code I need to look use? Hopefully through this forums help, I will begin to comprehend what you thought I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back