Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

READ/WRITE through ODBC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJHA

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
US
Our curren tversion of ODBC driver only allows Reads. Is there a way to obtain one that will allow Read/Write.

Go to and download the new 3.30 ODBC driver - upon install it should allow you to set up a read only option or a read/write option. BE WARNED THOUGH - MAS90 is horrible about writing records to its tables - SETUP A FAKE COMPANY TO PRACTICE WRITING TO BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO WRITE TO PRODUCTION RECORDS.

I have ProvideX version 3.33, but this installed automatically with MAS 200 and it did not allow me to specify the read/write option. I'm now trying to update a database record via a .NET application, but I'm getting an "Access Violation: File is in Read Only mode" error from ProvideX.

I DESPERATELY need to be able to write to the MAS 200 database, so any help will be greatly appreciated...

Alcor is right. The odbc writing is awful. It just doesn't work.

If you need to write, and you don't have the sql version, I suggest learning the Visual Intigrator module.

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

I thought Mas200 by definition is a SQL database? Am I misinformed?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

No. Mas200 V3.71 uses it's own engine. Other versions use a Sql server back bone.

The SQL server version is more costly.

Because the SQL backbone runs on a standard SQL server, you can treat the data like any other SQL server data source, instead of using the ODBC driver provided by Best or whomever makes it.

A regular DNS will let you read or write.

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

Mas200 v3.71 is an old version is it not? And all current releases of mas200 are SQL server correct?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back