Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read permisson error after compacting an Access 97 db

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike67

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
A user compacted a database and
is now getting an error each time she tries to open the
database: Record(s) can't be read; no read permission
on 'MSysModules2'
I tried to create a new database and
import tables from the corrupted database but only got an
error stating: You don't have permission to import, export or link to...- any table in the database. I also noticed that the following tables are visible: MSysIMEXColumns, MSysIMEXSpecs, MSysModules, and MSysModules2. It looks like permissions were somehow changed in the compacting process. Is there a way to alter permissions to make this database accessible again without being able to open it in the Access program? If we can just import the tables and queries, that would be enough. Thanks for any help!

anyone have any ideas on this post?????

Hi Mike,
I'm in the same pblm as u have reported & yet to get a solution.
Did u solve yours? If so how?

Thanks & Regards,
S.Malathi

Pls reply to
senthil.malathi@adnoc-fod.co.ae

I have just encountered this situation, and can no longer open my database. I cannot repair it or decompile it. Anyone have any solutions? This appears to be a major type of corruption.

Try creating a new blank database and importing everything into it from the corrupted database. This may or may not work but it's something to try.

Have you checked the Permissions on right clicking for database properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back