Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Only file attribute problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

qweasdzxcqweasdzxc

Technical User
Sep 12, 2006
US
I have a folder on the root of my c: drive called sys with a read only attribute that wont allow me to change the read only attribute. Logged in as domain admin,
I checked on the properties page of the folder. The read only box is checked but greyed out as if its inherited or something.....When I take the check out of the box and apply then ok the setting it takes about a minute to convert (and it appears to be successfull). Instantly I check the folder properties again and it is set to read only right after I changed it! Whats goin on?!?!? Any help is apreciated. I checked the properties of the c: and couldnt find a setting that appeared to possibly be handing down the read only attribute to my sys folder.

I made administrator (my user name) the owner and then tried to disable the read only attribute again but it still wouldnt take!

Please help! I've searched this site and none of the suggestions for similar problems have worked! I also checked microsoft's site and they only suggested that my username take ownership of the folder....All folders on the root of c: have this read only atribute so it appears to be by design.....Would someone please lend an experienced suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back