Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read localhost cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwhite

Programmer
May 21, 2003
GB
I am trying to read a cookie into VB6 that was saved by a page running under localhost, by using InternetGetCookie (wininet.dll).

I can successfully read any other cookies apart from ones saved under localhost.

The cookie file appears as white_s@~~local~~[2].txt and I just don't seem to be able to use the ~ tilde in the function to access the file.

I have tried many combinations of the URLName parameter -with and without tildes - but none have worked so far.

Any ideas?

Are you sure that the name is the problem. I tried it with your filename and I can open the archive. Test if you can open the archive with other programm (notepad).

peterguhl@yahoo.de

Yes it will open in notepad, etc.

I have a separate method to get to the data by going to the cookie folder (via registry) and manually reading the cookie file but I am trying to get InternetGetCookie to work in this app for this case.

This is the code that I am using:

Private Declare Function InternetGetCookie Lib "wininet.dll" _
Alias "InternetGetCookieA" _
(ByVal lpszUrlName As String, _
ByVal lpszCookieName As String, _
ByVal lpszCookieData As String, _
lpdwSize As Long) As Boolean

Result = InternetGetCookie(UrlName, CookieName, CookieText, 255)

It is the value for UrlName that seems to be giving me the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back