Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read file name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand1973

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2005
NL
Hi all,

In Powerbuilder, I am trying to get the application to read a series of file names in a directory and store this in a database. Now the database part I have done, and how to write the names to the database. However, my question is how to get the filenames within a directory (without using getfileopen or getfilesave, since I understand that these functions prompt you to open or save a file). Furhtermore, if in the directory, an object is retrieved, it needs to be checked whether this is a file or a directory. If is is a file than (as mentioned) the name needs to be read, and if it is a directory than the directory needs to be opened.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anand.

use pfc unfortunatelly for you ...There are functions to there in n_cst_filesrv32 which will do the work...In the finall cut and copy the code from there

zkar programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back