Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read and Send Receipt for Entourage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh39

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
Hello all,
Happy New Year.
It's been an unresolved issue for me for a while and just wondering if anyone knows anything new about the Read/Send Receipt option for Entourage 2004. Some of the users at my company still insist they have to know when someone reads and receives their e-mail messages. I tried to add the message header to Entourage but it did not work quite right, like Outlook.
Thank you for any thought about this.

Not sure what you have tried, but how about this. I found this on another forum, so I didn't test it.

1) How can I request a return receipt from sent mails?

Go to Tools -> Accounts.
Under the Mail tab, edit the mail account you want to send from.
Click the Options tab.
Under "Additional Headers", add in a new header: Disposition-Notification-To
Under Value, type your e-mail address.

2) Is there an option to select specific emails you want a return receipt for, rather than one global setting?

"Yes, Your best bet is to create a normal (POP) account setup (named descriptively) which is exactly the same as your regular one except omitting the "Receive Mail" entries and adding the "Return Receipt" header as described above. Remember to remove the Return Receipt header from your default account. You can then choose to send from this account when you want to request a return receipt rather than adding and deleting the header repeatedly

Note: This will only request a return receipt. While some clients can and will carry out the request, others will prompt the user and they can choose not to send it back, and still other clients like Entourage ignore the request completely, so it should not be assumed that no receipt means a recipient didn’t receive the message.

User reported: You can reply to return receipts with Entourage 2004 by setting up a rule to auto-reply to an email if it had the disposition-notification-to header.

Dodge20

Thanks, again, Dodge20 for replying to another post of mine. I've tried what you suggested a while back but it wasn't good enough. It only works when sending from Outlook to Entourage but not from Entourage to Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back