Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reaching wrong numbers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

808user

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
I have a strange problem when I dial from a CS1000E to a
CS1000M over a T1 Tie route. Both PBXs are programmed as
D4/AMI TRK (no dch) and DSEL is 3VCE. I have no problems
dialing from the CS1000M on a DDP card, but when I call
from the CS1000E it calls a different DN. LD 80 trace
at CS1000E shows dialed DN as 69936. LD 80 trace at CS1000M
shows incoming digits as 70047. Notice that if you add
11111 to 69936 the digits become 70047. Even if I try to
tandem out of the CS1000M, a '1' + NPA shows up as a '2'
(it's adding '1' again). There are no IDC table entries in
the CS1000M. The CS1000E uses a TMDI card. It worked okay
when it was programmed as PRI. Both PBXs are on 5.5. T1
span was tested okay. T1 must be used because of long distance carrier requirements.

try changing the vsel to either vce of vod.. the 3vce can distort digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I got it working ! ! Initially I had my trunks as DTN and route at 3VCE. I tried VCE, but that didn't work. Next I tried VOD and got a reorder tone. What did work was that I left the route at 3VCE but I changed my trunks to DIP from DTN. How strange..... main thing is that it works. Thank you all for steering me to the area I needed to change.

More strange things after placing more test calls. With the trunks set at DIP, I called a Flight Information line and was prompted to press '1' for touchtone dialing or '2' for voice dialing. I pressed '1' and got voice dialing (it's still adding '1') I even changed the TMDI card and got the same thing. Changing it back to DTN brought me back to the original problem where the dialed digits are changed. I'll probably have to open a ticket with Nortel for this one.

Just a thought, in a point to point T-1 circuit from the Telco, you can still program your ends at a PRI, you are in effect just imprinting what you want to use for each channel on a "hollow pipe" provided by the telco. Have you tried this option?

did you redownload the TMDI?

ENL TMDI x FDL

DMI table?

Are you using CDP for this?

From what I was told by Telco, the T1 is programmed as ESF/B8ZS, but the line is leased to a carrier which runs D4/AMI. The only way I can get it to connect is at D4/AMI. The same TMDI card worked as a PRI (CEQU set as PRI), but it won't work as a straight T1 (CEQU set as TRK) ---------- I tried numerous times to FDL the TMDI... used DMI table and inserted/deleted accordingly and also changed the CTYP (NXX, CDP, NPA, etc) to whatever was allowed, also programmed as WAT, TIE, etc. but all resulted in the same thing.

do you have sigo set to esn or esn5 at 1 end of the pipe and not at the other end.

We actually split 2 T1 from the carrier (they said that we could) and moved one to our other PBX. Both PBX have SIGO at STD. Both PBX are programmed the same. The only difference is that the good PBX (CS1000M) uses DDP cards and
the "not so good" CS1000E uses TMDI and a PRI gatewsy. The PRI gateway cannot do D4/AMI, so we're using the TMDI....just thought of it....before calling Nortel, I guess we can ask ($ $ $ $ )the carrier to change to ESF/B8ZS.

Here's an interesting development. We rolled in a test PBX (opt 11 mini) running at release 4.5 and programmed the routes and trunks the same as our 5.5 (D4/AMI, TRK, DTN, etc, using a TMDI card) and our test PBX was able to call out correctly. Our PBX vendor is working hard on trying to troubleshoot this, but I have a hunch it's a Nortel issue - maybe they left out some coding when they upgraded from 4.5.

Update - We are now able to dial out correctly. The problem was in the "XCTP" settings in LD 97, where we found the value to be '15' instead of the default '14'. We came across the solution in Nortel's "Knowledge Base" (old solution search) where a PBX wasn't sending out DTMF. The resolution said to make sure the XCTP value was at the default '14'. Our problem was kinda/sorta similar, so we thought we'd try it. So after making the change, which also required a SYSLOAD, our dialing problem was fixed. I don't know how the settings got changed, but according to Nortel, the SYSLOAD locks it in.

was that the cure OR did the sysload download other changes.. ie making changes to dchannels and not reloading the msdl cards post change will cause that change to take effect post ini..as well as the last change you made..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I just came back from the test pbx and tried it again. In LD 97, I changed XCTP back to '15' and it immediately went back to the old "reaches wrong number" routine. Changing XCTP back to '14' was a little different in that the change did not work until I INI'd' the switch, then it worked. I tried changing XCTP to '15' again and got the wrong numbers, but when I tried to restore it back to '14', an INI didn't work. I had to do a SYSLOAD to get it back working again (EDD'd prior to SYSLOAD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back