Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reach maximum of concurrent users for your Lanpak license 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccpacNet

Programmer
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Hi All,

I got a problem when I installed the 30 days envaluation version Accpac 5.4 on my local PC.

I installed module AR, AP,GL,OE, System manager and LanPak, then tried to sign in as ADMIN, but it gave me an error massage "reach the maximum of concurret users of you LanPak license". Is it caused by the previous installation? but I have deleted the folders and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ang HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry before I started my second istallation. I also tried to install on a Virtual Machine and gave me the same problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks tuba2007 for your quick response!

How can I check them or delete the database and create a new database?

Thanks again!

Run Database Setup, and create databases that are the same as the Lanpaks you installed, i.e, Pervasive or MSSQL.

Hi,

I am trying to create a shortcut or something else on another PC to point to the ACCPAC 30 days version on my PC, so somebody else can use it from their PC. But I don't know how to do it, It would be greatly appreciated if someone can give me some suggestion!

Are you trying to use Accpac or the Accpac's database.

If you are trying to use Accpac itself, I don't think that is possible as each computer requires as least system manager installed.

If you are accessing the database, the best option would be to use an ODBC connection. (Based on XP - Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources)

Thanks Bluejay07!

I am trying to use both. As you said, it is not possible to it in this way. What if there is a live version ACCPAC on another PC? can I just create a company in that ACCPAC and access the database on my PC from there?

Thanks again!

There are 2 ways:
1. Workstation setup run from PC 1 - if you installed the workstation setup files (which I doubt, so scrap that idea).
2. Share the Accpac program folder on PC 1. Install all the Accpac programs on PC 2 and be sure to point the shared data folder (aka data directory) to the shared Accpac folder on PC 1 when you install the System Manager. If you get a message that no license files exist then you got the folder wrong.

I'm guessing you are using MS SQL as a database?

Thanks ettienne! Yes, Iam using MS SQL as a database.I will try the 2nd way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back