Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-using draft messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
GB
I use several standard messages that I send out to different people repeatedly. Problem is that every time I send a message from the draft or any other folder, it is deleted.

Is there any way to keep a copy of these messages in the drafts folder where they are easily found, rather than trawling through "Sent Items"?

I am sure there is an easy way to do this but... not finding much help in "Help"

Create a folder. When you want to keep something in it goto the sent items. What you just sent will be at the top of the list if you sort by date. Copy or move it to the new folder. You could also setup a public folder. When you want to store something sent in the public folder just BCC it. You can't mail enable a folder in a mailbox so these are your best options. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

This does not really move me forward. I still have to go to "Sent Items" to find the message and, when I send it again to someone else, it will be deleted from the folder.

Anyway, I could set a rule up to save the message to the folder for me when I send it.

After more research it looks like saving draft as a .oft file is a move in the right direction.

Ah I missed this... "I use several standard messages that I send out to different people repeatedly."

I've setup templates that I use. I don't recall the steps I used but they don't disappear. I'll look and let you know. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

This is an idea I read from someone else that didn't sound all bad...

Type the text you use for the form letters into a Signature file. Then just open up a new email and Insert -> Signature.

Hope that helps!

Eric Sanders
-Just some guy on a board.

Create your standard email then do TOOLS > FORMS > PUBLISH FORM. Store it in your Personal Forms library.

Each time you need to use it just call it up using TOOLS > FORMS > CHOOSE A FORM

Regards
jpaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back