Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: user cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyne

MIS
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is possible but i'm in need of a sql script that can tell me the cpu usage on a user's computer. we have an application that people are blaming the server for slowness etc. i have scripts that monitor the server information and the server is fine. we have old pc's and possible network problems and of course those guys are saying thats not it. so i need a way to prove its the very old pc equipment etc. I only have access to the sql server which is sql server 2008 r2 64 bit and because of budget i have no monitoring software. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Sorry - i dont think this is possible from SQL server. For a starting point the SQL service account shouldnt have access to the PC`s.

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Thanks for your quick response! I didn't think so but it was worth a try!

No budget. Yeesh.

Open Task Manager on the user's PC and show them the processes that are hogging CPU while they use the app.

Absent any sniffware, you're out of luck for the network piece.

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

Thanks! I was hoping to be able to create some kind of report to show the cpu usage as our users are scattered in many different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back