Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-Setting my Dell AXIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSki

Programmer
Dec 13, 2000
US
Last weekend I de-charged the main battery as well as the backup battery. I recharged the main battery and did a restore of my data. I noticed while checking battery status that the backup battery was depleted (0%). I ordered a replacement for both just in case. But now when I try to power up it just keeps looping to the initial DELL screen, beeps, and then loops again. I have tried pressing in the button on the left side for a hard reboot with no luck. Any advise?

Mitch Duszynski
Web Developer
Human Kinetics
PO Box 5076, Champaign, IL 61825
Tel: 217-351-5076 x2474 | Fax: 217-351-2674
mitchd@hkusa.com |

Would assume the connection of the battery is loose though you may already have tried that.

Try holding the main power button down and pressing the reset button this is a 'hard' reset. It will wipe all data (which it sounds like you already have lost)

The PC should revert to a like 'new' status. You may do well to uninstall all previous information (avtive sync and other sync related info) and reinstall just like it is brand new.

Your Sync 'profile' is named and when you try to re-sync after resetting your pocket pc might confuse the computer because it will not have a named sync session.

I'd remove every thing, and start all over!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back