Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re : SDS Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debaser1

Programmer
Dec 28, 2011
GB
I have a clustered network with 20 sites with either vMCD,Mxe and Cxi's. I am having a problem with some of the extensions. To Simplify, I will use Controllers A,B,C to describe the issues.

I have some extensions which primary element is set to Controller B and Secondary to controller C, But controller A has some of the same extensions set in its user and device config and controller A being the home element.

On controller A, if I type :

Loc Ext 10000 it says ( Hotdesk user Primary Controller B and Secondary Controller C)

Loc Num 10000 it says (This refers to a Hotdesk User)<---thought it should say "this refers to a remote DN"

It would seem that the Data is mis-aligned between systems B and A. How can I fix this ? Anybody know how to edit the remote directory yet ? Can I do a Sync from system B to system A ?

Never has this problem before, Thanks for suggestions and answers.

I know it's a very large cluster, but is there any way you can avoid duplicate numbering. I believe that would solve the issue, if not it's good practice anyway.
There's no way now to jig around with remote directory, and syncing will fail if a number exists on 2 systems.

All I ever wanted to do was climb telephone poles - where did it all go wrong?

Thanks for your response actswitch. I have tried removing the numbers from controller A but if says references exist in the remote directory and they also exist in controller A user and device config form. I am trying to delete the numbers from controller A but it will not delete. All the other controllers in the cluster have accurate directories. If I do a DBMS check full on controller A, I get :

View: 120 remote_directory Tuples (Max): 435455 (Current): 3476
Last key error ***
Return Code is Exception
Cardinality is 0

Perhaps a datasave/restore ? But table cardinality 0, might mean that the system would come back up with a blank remote directory ?

There is a way to edit the remote directory, but Mitel keeping that to themselves.

Lordy.... Sounds like it's got it's knickers in a twist. I'm thinking that if you did a datasave / restore and you ended up with a blank remote directory, this would be a good thing. You could delete the unwanted users in controller A, then (from each external controller) go to Network Elements / select controller A / sync / data migration. Select the user, device level resilliency, administrator managed data and service hosting boxes. Sync. This will repopulate controller A's remote directory and everything should be back in sync. Best check the previously duplicated numbers to make sure they are pointing to the right controller.

Ineresting that you say Mitel have a way of editing the remote directory form. Wish I knew how.

All I ever wanted to do was climb telephone poles - where did it all go wrong?

No way to edit remote directory form in the newer software. What load and are you using OpsMan?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

OK, so in the newer software you don't have to edit the remote directories. If you delete the users in question from all of the normal telephone directories, the changes will propagate to the RTD.

Then you readd the entry to the home system's telephone directory, and it will fix it.

The GUID's sometimes get messed up, and when SDS tries to make changes (to like names) somehow it sees them as different extensions, even though they aren't.

I just fixed that issue on a system today, albeit with a smaller cluster.

Going forward always give every extension a name or put it in the local directory number form. That will prevent duplicating extensions in your cluster.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back