Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-schedule Reports after migrating Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2004
GB
We currently use Business Objects Infoview to schedule and email reports (Crystal reports) to different users on a daily basis. We have recently changed database servers and have updated all our reports to retrieve the data from the new database server. However, we have noticed that none of the reports have been emailed out and we have received the following error

Error in File C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\bbcre01.reportjobserver\~tmpb5c53a1e8e97f9.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 18456 ]

When we open the scheduled report job it is still pointing to the old database server. Is there anyway this can be changed so it will point to the new database server? Or will we need to schedule all out jobs again

When you changed the database in Crystal Comfiguration Manager did you update the objects?

Also, after you make the change to the reports, you MUST reschedule everything that's on a recurring schedule. The one that's scheduled is a copy of the report as it was when you scheduled it - prior to updating the database.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

thanks for the info.

We were hoping there would be a way of updating the existing schedules!!!

It's is such a palaver to re-schedule reports in Enterprise as you have to start from scratch and we have around 150 to do

:-<

There's no easy way to modify schedules/recurring instances unless you code something yourself or use a third party tool.

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

--
Software Forces

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Quick Question, how did you update all your reports logon details? I'm interested in a way to repoint all my reports (over 200) to a different server.

You could use the Schedule Manager which is a web based tool that is available in XI or use a third party tool like .rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite which is a windows based tool with additional features (i.e. let's you change the logon info and the schedule info, destination info, document, etc.)

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver/locations/fields, fonts/colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

If you can program, this is actually fairly easy to do using the SDK. I have C#.NET sample code if you're interested.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hilfy, I am only on version 9 so if you can send me the code it would be very useful. Am used to asp and vb so c# should be doable.....

Just hoping that my environment is set up for accessing the crystal sdk.

What version of Visual Studio are you using? The code that I have works with the .NET version of the SDK, so it's not something that will work with non-.NET vb.

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back