Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Saw something cool and would like it explained. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymgordon

Programmer
Apr 5, 2000
US
I saw something that baffled.

At:
If you go there now, you'll see a flash animation regarding a new movie for Red Dragon.

The baffeling part is that when the flash animation plays, it extends outside of the Flash boxed area .. over the text. Then, when part of the flash ends .. the area that was used for creating the flash effect is now not used anymore and the text shows through normally.

Just take a look.

I guess what I am hoping someone can do is explain how this is done. How does the "guy with his arms stretched out" stretch out over the text .. and then when he dissappears, the area where his arms were ... is not within the flash box.

?? Just really baffled.

Please explain if you can.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary M. Gordon, LLC
webmaster@garymgordon.com
Certified Web Developer ::
Application Programmer

it is really simple the flash is in a transparent div then when the flash has finished playing it sets send out a javascript call to remove the div simple Regards
David Byng
spider.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

BigBadDave,

Thanks.. but simple huh?? hahaha

If you wouldn't mind.. can you copy and paste the code that is handling this effect so I can see what you're talking about. I hope you don't think I am asking for too much. But, I'd like to see what javascript code is removing the <div>, etc., and how this is being handled ... so if I choose to .. I can implement something like this in the future. Very cool .. even though you say it is very simple. hahaha

Gary
Gary M. Gordon, LLC
webmaster@garymgordon.com
Certified Web Developer ::
Application Programmer

i think they are using two layers with dhtml.
one for the flash movie and benath it the normal site.

regards

nivosh nivosh
nivosh@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back